Thank you for choosing our oﬃce for your dental care. We will work with you to help you achieve excellent oral health. While recognizing the beneﬁts of a pleasing smile and teeth that function well, you should be aware that dental treatment, like treatment of any other part of the body, has some inherent risks. These are seldom great enough to oﬀset the beneﬁts of treatment, but should be considered when making treatment decisions.
Beneﬁts of dental treatment can include: relief of pain, the ability to chew properly, and the conﬁdence and social interaction that a pleasing smile can bring. Nonetheless, there are some common risks associated with virtually all dental procedures, including:
• Drug or chemical reaction. Dental materials may trigger allergic or sensitivity reactions.
• Long-term numbness (paresthesia). Local anesthetic, or its administration, while almost always adequate to allow comfortable care, can result in transient, or in rare cases, permanent numbness.
• Muscle or joint tenderness. Holding one’s mouth open can result in muscle or jaw joint tenderness, or in a predisposed patient, precipitate in a TMJ disorder.
• Sensitivity in teeth or gums, infection or bleeding.
• Swallowing or inhaling small objects.
While we follow procedural guidelines that most often lead to a clinical success, just like any other pursuit in health care, not everything turns out the way it is planned. We will do our best to insure that it does. Please feel free to ask questions in regard to all dental procedures that are recommended to you.
Missed Appointment Policy
Unforeseen events sometimes cause missing an appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, we respectfully request notiﬁcation at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. Lack of suﬃcient notiﬁcation may result in a Missed Appointment Fee being charged to your account.
We strongly believe that all patients deserve the ﬁnest dental care that we can provide. You beneﬁt from the high standards we have set for ourselves to deliver the utmost quality of dental treatment available. Accordingly, we have prepared this information to advise you of our ﬁnancial policy.
PAYMENT IS DUE IN FULL AT THE TIME OF SERVICE
For your convenience, our oﬃce oﬀers the following methods of payment:
- Master Card
- American Express
For extended payment options, our oﬃce oﬀers:
Care Credit - Up to 12 months interest free: application required
Applications available at our oﬃce, online at www.carecredit.com or by phone at 1-800-365-8295